So I am sitting there on the clock with the 10th pick with a rather interesting decision.
Do I do what everyone expects me to do and draft an OT such as Andrew Thomas from Georgia or Jedrick Wills from Alabama and fill a big need on the O-line?
Or do I stick by my board and take the best remaining player in this draft in Jerry Jeudy?
I take one last look at my board and realise it’s not a difficult decision when the best player on your board is Jerry Jeudy.
- 42 Games Played
- 159 Catches
- 2742 Yards
- 26 Touchdowns
When people talk about Jeudy’s strengths and there are a lot of them the first words out of most people’s mouth are about his route running.
Todd McShay has already come out and called Jerry Jeudy the best route runner he has ever seen and it was on full display against Clemson in the National Championship game:
Why Jeudy makes sense for Cleveland
Cleveland already has a number of talented pass catchers already in Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry and the recently signed Austin Hooper. This makes Cleveland an even better landing spot for Jeudy because it allows him to be the number 2 or 3 receiver during his early years in the league which is a luxury not a lot of 1st round receivers have nowadays.
Now you may feel that using the 10th overall pick on a receiver who may not even be the number 1 or 2 option his rookie year is a bad use of resources when this team has other needs.
Well, this is not a pick I am making solely for 2020. By making this pick I am selecting a receiver I and many others believe has All–Pro potential and may very well be the best at his position by the time his rookie contract is up.
The NFL is unpredictable from year to year but everyone has the same predictions for this super talented 20 year old receiver from Alabama named Jerry Jeudy.
Bring on the 2020 season!
Do you approve of this pick?
784 votes total
2020 BGN Mock Draft Order
1) Bengals (grantspectations): QB Joe Burrow
2) Washington (ablesser88): EDGE Chase Young
3) Lions (CMG97): CB Jeff Okudah
4) Giants (selgae aihpledalihp): LB Isaiah Simmons
5) Dolphins (dceagles): WR CeeDee Lamb
6) Chargers (dapeltz13): QB Tua Tagovailoa
7) Panthers (wardbell92): DT Derrick Brown
8) Cardinals (drc242): OT Mekhi Becton
9) Jaguars (Palaniappan K M): OT Tristan Wirfs
10) Browns (WentzAndFolesFan): WR Jerry Jeudy
11) Jets (Dr_Horrible):
12) Raiders (Phillysolo)
13) 49ers (eagles0132):
14) Buccaneers (BuckeyedEagles):
15) Broncos (J. Wil):
16) Falcons (Kephas)
17) Cowboys (PhillyBirdGang):
18) Dolphins (dshelton5):
19) Raiders (fredhugo):
20) Jaguars (ItownBallers22)
21) Eagles (20Safety_Hazards)
22) Vikings (Kramerpoo):
23) Patriots (Phoenix X Minimus)
24) Saints (big DUB):
25) Vikings (MrW254):
26) Dolphins (SemperFilly):
27) Seahawks (mattywils):
28) Ravens (Dirtybirdy47):
29) Titans (mr_england):
30) Packers (Nishant R SambhiReddy):
31) 49ers (Fly Like An Eagle):
32) Chiefs (Leo Bedio):
Now it’s time for you to vote for who YOU think the Browns should pick in the 2020 BGN Community Consensus Mock Draft.
Who should the Browns draft at No. 10?
440 votes total
2020 BGN Community Consensus Mock Draft
1) Bengals: QB Joe Burrow
2) Washington: EDGE Chase Young
3) Lions: CB Jeff Okudah
4) Giants: LB Isaiah Simmons
5) Dolphins: QB Tua Tagovailoa
6) Chargers: QB Justin Herbert
7) Panthers: DT Derrick Brown
8) Cardinals: OT Mekhi Becton
9) Jaguars: OT Tristan Wirfs