Fortnite update 12.30 is officially live, and it brings two brand-new items to Battle Royale while fixing some serious bugs. New door prefabs have also been added to Creative as well. While Epic still isn’t offering patch notes for any modes outside Creative, here’s everything we can cobble together about the changes based on official Trello board and blog posts.
Fortnite Update 12.30 patch notes
- Crash Pad: Available as a Rare item, this trampoline helps players avoid fall damage and bounce to incredible heights. Keep jumping, and you’ll surely be able to gain the higher ground on an opponent.
- Kingsman Umbrella: A weapon with Rare, Epic and Legendary forms. It can deal 50 damage from up close, block bullet damage and reduce fall damage. It’s very similar to the Star Wars lightsaber, but it’s not as common.
- Fixed an issue where the lava tiles, on Caldera Island, were not displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Island Memory could exceed capacity by deploying Port-a-Fortress items.
- Fixed an issue where Damage Traps would activate and eliminate players when the player was off the trap.
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to switch between weapons using keybindings on the keyboard.
Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where Proximity Mines would turn red when leaving and then returning to player islands.
- Fixed an issue where Full Damage Rails would not do damage to players if they were copied and pasted with the phone tool.
- Fixed an issue where Proximity Mines would respawn after ending a game.
- Fixed an issue where Proximity Mines would not fall when deleting or destroying the structure underneath them.
- Fixed an issue where Creepin Cardboard items would disappear when left on top of spawner devices.
Creative Tools + Phone
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to select equipped items until they switched to holding the phone tool.
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to edit PBWs while flying
- Fixed an issue where Depth and Height options were not available when resizing on mobile devices.
Prefabs & Galleries
- Added more prop doors to the Door Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with clipping floors on the Gas Station Prefab.
- Fixed an issue with clipping barrels on the Pirate Dock Prefab.
- The preview boundary for the Nature Shrub Gallery is now large enough for the gallery.
- Fixed an issue with the Doorbell, from the Lighthouse Prop Gallery, having an offset grid box.
- The Tomato Fire Pot from Tomato Temple Prop Gallery no longer has an offset grid box.
- Fixed an issue where some props from The Shark Prop Gallery had too much health.
- Fixed an issue with the Blue House Prefab where a sidewalk piece was misplaced.
- Fixed an issue with the cement foundation pieces from The Shark Prop Gallery where the damaged texture was clipping in and out.
- Fixed an issue where destroying a prop on one of the grass terrain floors from the Grass & Dirt Floor Gallery C would also cause the floor to self-destruct.
- Fixed an issue where phone tool functionality was not working properly with the Trash Pile from The Club Prefab.
- Fixed an issue where phone tool functionality was not working properly with the City Bus Platform from Variant Car Gallery A.
- Terrain pieces of the Shark Cliff Gallery no longer have grass pieces that appear above the terrain they were connected to.
- Fixed an issue with hotbar items not being selectable with hotkeys until the player switched to the phone and back.
- More items will now show in the ‘All Devices’ tab of the Channel Browser. This includes: Consumables, Traps and Chests.
- Players are now able to interact with Button Devices placed close together.
- The Poison Dart Trap and Cozy Campfire holograms no longer appear larger than expected when placed in an Item Spawner.
- Fixed an issue where HUD Messages would inconsistently trigger on featured islands.
- Fixed a bug where the Trick Tile wouldn’t pass instigators correctly through Channels.
- Fixed an issue where Class Selector would not activate if the player spawned within it during a game.
- Fixed an issue where the Trigger’s ‘Activate on Phase’ option did nothing.
- The Speed Modulator will appear active when first placed.
- Fixed an issue where the Item Granter would not give the player the option to ‘Clear Items.’
- Billboard settings now save when copied and pasted with the phone tool.
- Capture Areas now display Neutral badges when unowned.
- Fixed an issue where Team Settings and Inventory device inventory could re-appear when publishing or reloading an island that had previously cleared the contents of the device.
- Fixed an issue where the ATK would move in reverse when applying the throttle lightly
UI + Social
- Fixed an issue where players would lose input control when pressing left on the left most column in the Content Browser
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to open the Creative Inventory or ESC Menu after exiting the Island Inspector tool
- Fixed an issue where the Countdown timer may not appear at the beginning of a game
- Fixed an issue where the Quick Menu wouldn’t be fully interactable on mobile devices
- Fixed an issue with the Grappler icon appearing in low quality.
- Fixed an issue with the rock icons, from Coral Cove Prop Gallery, were still appearing as purple, insead of gray.
- Fixed an issue where quick bar icons were not correctly showing the copied asset.
- Fixed an issue where the “Reset All” button on devices would not reset the name assigned to the device.
Bug Fixes – All Modes
- Tournament scores are visually incorrect in Lobby and in-match
- Unintentional Carry or Shakedown on controller
- Spy Games: Stuck on “Select Tech” screen
- Style selections for certain locker items not saving
- Harpoon Gun not catching loot consistently
- Auto Pick Up not functioning properly
- Deadpool Plunger not visible on 4:3 aspect ratio
- Billboard Settings do not save when copied
- Interactive UI not functioning properly when using the Quick Menu on mobile
Save the World
- Cosmetics may not load properly for players when joining a mission
- Defender Eliminations do not count towards quest credit
- Spawn rate for Love Lobbers is too high during encounters
- Love Lobbers’ projectiles are able to damage player built structures
- Shadows darker than expected
- Black Bar displayed on Note 10+
The main feature of Fortnite update 12.30 is, of course, its added items like the Crash Pad and Kingsman Umbrella. Given that we’ve seen some challenges related to fall damage throughout the course of Season 2, it makes sense that Epic would introduce new ways to reduce health deficits taken from great heights. It’s also worth noting that, while lightsabers were mostly hated during their time in Fortnite, a nerfed version of them could potentially bring some interesting wrinkles to the game. A weapon that can be used in so many different ways lets top-tier players get experimental with the meta. Will this umbrella dominate with its melee strike, or will it primarily be used to charge while deflecting bullets? It has lots of advantages, but it can’t do an insane amount of damage on its own. It just might save your life in squad play, though. Some also say this is the week Deadpool might make his debut in Battle Royale, so prepare your butts for something potentially big on Friday.
As for the changes made to Fortnite Creative, the addition of new door prefabs isn’t exactly the most exciting news to report. There are, however, a litany of bug fixes to fix Proximity Mines, broken buttons and various clipping issues while using certain prefabs. The Fortnite Creative community remains a close-knit bunch, but these adjustments will likely pay big dividends when it comes to making islands shine. Fortnite update 12.30 isn’t the most exciting patch we’ve ever seen, but Crash Pads and the Kingsman Umbrella definitely make it worth it.
Fortnite is available now on PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC and mobile.
What are your thoughts on the Crash Pad and Kingsman Umbrella? Do these patch notes offer enough to keep you playing? Tell us in the comments section!